Dee Ann Turner, LLC, works globally with organizations who want to grow talent management practices, transform and strengthen culture, and develop an “It’s My Pleasure” service model. Dee Ann serves as a frequent speaker to organizations and conferences where she shares her more than 30 years of experience hiring and developing talent and transforming organizational culture.
Keynote Speaker: Chris Tuff
Chris Tuff became the youngest partner in the 100-year history of the Atlanta-based advertising agency, 22squared, where he turned a team of Millennials from an “investment” to a major profit center in short order. He serves as their EVP and Director of Content Marketing and Partnerships.
Millennials, the world’s largest generation, will make up 75% of the workforce by 2030. What does it really take to successfully harness the talent of Millennials in the office? The author of a new book, The Millennial Whisperer, Tuff knows what it takes to succeed in the workplace and manage Millennials.
Cutting Edge Lineup of Topic includes:
Employee Engagement and Best Practices
Positive Employee Relations And Labor
CUEAPALOOZA: Work, Life, and Very Little Balance
|It wouldn’t be a CUE event without a great off-site networking event on Monday night.
Join us for food, fun, networking, and entertainment on Monday night (6 – 8 PM) while enjoying sweeping views of the Atlanta skyline from the 26th floor of the beautiful Buckhead Club, located just across the street from the InterContinental hotel.
We will have multiple entertainment options for your enjoyment, including some green screen shenanigans by the Projections team, DJ Mike Jones and an improv group from Dad’s Garage.
Need help getting approved? We even wrote the approval request for you to share with your boss.
Early registration is now open for the Spring 2019 CUE Conference. Special early bird pricing for conference reservations is now available for CUE members. (Membership must be current, limited quantities apply.)
We’ll start announcing confirmed speakers after the holiday, but we have lots of interesting topics under consideration right now.
- Keynote: The Impact of Extraordinary Talent and a Compelling Culture
- Live demo: Creating a Campaign Video
- Campaign case studies from CUE members sharing their experience responding to organizing
- Labor Law Update
- Maintaining Civility in the Workplace
- Best Practices in Culture and Engagement
- Using Technology in Your Positive Employee Relations Program
- Labor Relations 101 (for those new to labor and employee relations)
- Best Practices in Employee Advocacy
- Sunday Side Conversations: Recruiting and Onboarding and How to Talk About the “U” Word
- Ask the Experts
- Networking via our Transportation, Manufacturing and Retail Discussion Groups
- Post-conference workshop on social media tips and tools
More details coming soon!
now to get our best member pricing.
Early Bird Price: $875.00 (for active members)
Regular member price after Jan. 18: $950.00 and $1450.00 for non-CUE members.
CUE Room Block Price at the Intercontinental Buckhead is $209 a night:
Reserve your room NOW
Upskill Your ER Staff with Union Campaign Simulation and CUE Cert Course in Minneapolis
CUE Newsletter for Friday, August 17, 2018
It won’t be a shock if you follow politics, but it looks like the 2018 midterm elections and the general election in 2020 will be driven by a sharply divided population with Democrats leaning progressively left more than ever, and the Republicans continuing their veer to the conservative right under President Trump.
According to The Hill, Bernie Sanders and democratic socialism increasingly look to be winning over the Democratic Party, raising concerns among some Democrats about whether it could hurt the party in this year’s midterms, and the presidential race of 2020.
Bernie Sanders lost the war but won the battle to reshape the party,” said Brad Bannon, a Democratic strategist.
Peter List points out that Senator Elizabeth Warren just proposed new legislation, that if it were ever to pass, will “destroy capitalism,” according to Jeffrey Miron, Harvard director of undergraduate studies.
This California bill would mandate women on company boards.
And it’s not just politics, as can be seen in this article shared by Terry Dunn. Check out the start-up incubator known as The Workers Lab. The Workers Lab is a union-backed accelerator working on ways to disrupt capitalism.
|CUE Labor and Employee Relations Certification Course|
|Do you have members of your HR or Operations team who are new to employee and labor relations and need to upskill? The CUE Certification course is the perfect way to help them get up to speed. Offered once a year as part of the CUE Conference, the Certification course offers sessions spread over 3 days devoted to teaching staff the basic elements of labor relations at the very low member price of $220.00.
• 9/24 Monday 1:15 – 4:45 PM Labor and Employee Relations Basics in the Workplace
• 9/25 Tuesday 1:15- 4:45 PM Basics of Labor Law
• 9/26 Wednesday 8:00 -11:30 AM – Election Campaign Simulation
The Wednesday campaign simulation is also available as a stand-alone post-conference workshop. (CUE members @ $160.00, non-members @ $200)
Fall 2018 CUE Conference
The Fall 2018 CUE Conference is the community event for leaders who believe in and promote positive employee relations in the workplace. With stellar networking opportunities built into the event and the most up-to-date information on labor/employee relations and engagement trends, CUE keeps you ahead of the curve in today’s rapidly changing labor environment!
Need a taste of what we will be talking about at CUE? Check out this TED talk from Justine Constantine: You Are Stronger Than You Think You Are
There’s no better time to register for the Fall 2018 CUE Conference. Members enjoy the full conference experience for $875. Non-members $1,250 Register here.
Hotel block rate available until August 31st at $219 a night: Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
• Keynote: Leadership Approachability and Improving Retention – Phil Wilson
• How Best Buy Fosters an Engaged Culture
• Moving Beyond the Employee Survey
• The Four Things Your Leaders Must Have to Be Successful: Soft Skills For Leaders (and why they matter now more than ever!)
• Analytics and Assessments; the Science and Art of Preventing Dysfunction
Positive Employee Relations
• Union Rebranding: A Look at Emerging Organizing Trends and How Best to Defend
• 2018 Labor Law and Policy Update
• Labor Relations 101
• Case Study: Minnesota Home Health Care Campaign
• Case Study: Jimmy John’s Corporate Campaign
• Anatomy of a Campaign – Peter List
• The Robots are Coming! The Robots are Coming!
Driving Business Outcomes
• Keynote: Beyond Political Correctness: Inclusion and Equality in Modern Employee Relations – Sarah Morgan
• The Cost of Unionization and ROI of remaining union-free – Jim Gray
• Using Virtual Reality to Improve Positive Employee Relations Training
• Your Brand is in Trouble: Internal and External Crisis Communication Planning – Nick Kalm
• “From We Will to At Will” – Justin Constantine