Let’s face it, when you’re working for someone else, it’s difficult to ask your manager to spend money, especially when it comes to attending a conference.
The ticket cost, airfare, hotel, and other expenses start to add up in your boss’ head before you can mutter the words, “Can I go to the CUE Conference in Indianapolis in October?”
We’ve got some tips to help you get that approval to register from your manager!
Here are some testimonials from current CUE members about why they attend our conferences year after year:
“Excellent Organization for “state of the art”, timely, information for creating and/or maintaining a positive employee relations environment in support of a union free workplace, provides excellent networking opportunity for HR professionals.”
“An organization that provides strong support and great resources via high quality conferences and superior networking opportunities to help our organization understand the best practices in sustaining a positive employee relations environment.”
“A network of highly educated and trained professionals who provide valuable information/insight into the current labor issues. Provides excellent training and information at the CUE conferences. It is truly one of the best conferences I have attended.”
“CUE is the only place you can go to network and learn exclusively about positive employee relations and labor relations. The people are incredible. It’s a “can’t miss” meeting.”
Show your manager the topic and speaker list on the conference page, or clip topics from this session list below to share:
Travel to the Fall 2017 CUE Conference doesn’t have to be expensive! CUE provides one of the most affordable conferences you will find anywhere. We cover your meal costs by offering great receptions on Sunday and Monday evening, and full breakfast and lunch on both conference days. If you are a member, this is all included in your registration fee of $850. For non-members, the rate is higher but still very affordable at $1,195.
Flights to Indianapolis are still readily available for under $300, depending upon where you are traveling from. Rooms in our block rate are $179 a night. Most of your meals are covered.
What are you waiting for?
We’ve even created a short template you can use to put your request together when you go ask for approval!
I would like to attend the Fall 2017 CUE Labor and Employee Relations Conference taking place on October 15-17 in Indianapolis, IN.
This is an event that provides a rare opportunity to network with, and learn from, peers who are singularly focused on positive employee relations and dive deeper into areas related to this focus than any other organization in the world.
The sessions are focused on real, actionable content that we can implement immediately to grow our company—especially [SPECIFIC AREA OF FOCUS].
I am most excited about [SESSION] with [SPEAKER of COMPANY] because I will learn how to better [SPECIFIC STRATEGY].
As the [YOUR POSITION] of [COMPANY], I plan to attend the following agenda to capitalize my time and get the most immediately useful information:
[AGENDA OR SESSION HERE]
The cost to attend the event includes:
I’ve estimated the total budget to attend the event as [ESTIMATE].
I am confident that you will see this as a worthwhile investment.
Attending will offer the chance to engage with a great network of experienced professionals facing similar challenges that are open and willing to share knowledge and resources from the very biggest companies to small one-person HR shops from many different business sectors.
Dog Days of Summer =Free Events for CUE Members! Check it out!
August is always a hot month, and we have a few hot events for CUE members this month.
• CUE Member Survey – Spring International is conducting a survey of active CUE members to help us determine how we can serve you better. If you haven’t completed a survey, you’ll be receiving an reminder invitation to share your thoughts with us. We want to know how we can serve your needs more effectively, so please take 5 minutes to do the survey.
• Webinar: Labor Law Update Across Canada 8/16/17 3 PM ET – Does your company have operations in Canada? This free webinar is offered by LLAC member Michael Sherrard from the Toronto based firm Sherrard Kuzz, and Chantel Kassango of Neuman Thompson. They will cover labor law changes that were recently passed by the Government of Ontario as part of the Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act of 2017. We will also review labor law changes across other Provinces. Register here.
• Atlanta Regional Meeting 8/24/17 8:30 AM – 1 PM ET – If you are located near the Atlanta area, please join us for an employer roundtable discussion on labor and employee relations issues on August 24, 2017, with hosts Chris Craddock and Michael VanDervort at the offices of Projections, Inc. Register here.
Fall 2017 Conference in Indianapolis
The early bird special pricing which ended in July was a smash hit. We have over 250 registered attendees already! This means that the room block is starting to get tight. The member price is now $850 to register, but you want to do so as soon as possible to ensure you get a room at the JW Marriott conference hotel. (room rate $196) Members can register here. Those who are not CUE members can register and attend the conference, but the rate is $1,195. Contact us here if you would like more information about CUE and our services.
With apologies to young Robert Redford, we only have three more days for CUE members to get the lowest possible pricing on the Fall Conference in Indianapolis.
• 3 Day CUE Labor and Employee Relations Certification Course – for those needing an overview of the basics of labor relations (extra charge)
• Post Conference Workshop (Wednesday) – “Responding to an Union Campaign” Simulation (extra charge)